Monday, October 26, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief: Gratitude

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this Fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief . It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 26: Gratitude 


Grief and gratitude don't seem like they should go together, do they?
And for me, for a long time, they didn't.
It's taken years to where I can say I'm grateful.
I'm grateful for Riley Grace, for her all-too-brief life, because she changed mine for the better.
I'm grateful for the new person I became because of her.
I'm grateful for the people I've met because of her.
I'm grateful for quiet moments with mountains in the distance.
Mostly, I'm grateful God allows me to see past the pain and to help others heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment