Friday, October 23, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief: Love Letter

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this Fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief . It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 23: Love Letter


Dear Husband,

These are your hands. Hands I've loved for the past 11 years. Hands that have held mine. Hands that placed a wedding ring on my finger one August day.
On October 15th, you used your hands, along with your God-given talent for photography to help me with a project that I was unable to do myself.
Even though you and I grieve our daughter very differently, and even though you may not always understand the WHYs of why I do what I do, you have been so very supportive.
This year, with me doing the Remembrance Leaves, you've cooked dinners, you've taken care of our living daughter, you've helped to pick up the pieces of my broken heart more times than I can count.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for being understanding even when it is something you tell me you don't understand.

Love,

Your Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment