Thursday, October 1, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief 2015: Sunrise

It's October, and friends, I hate October.
I would really be O.K. with cancelling my birthday, and Halloween, and pretty much everything this month.
October is the month Ms. Lora died. October is the month that so many things die. October is cemetery clean up at Riley's cemetery.
October is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. There are days that I would rather stay in bed than do anything else...especially October 15th (Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day), and the 16th (the anniversary of Ms. Lora's passing), but I get up and light candles for the Wave of Light and make sure to remember Ms. Lora with Ella.

This October, I'm feeling especially down.
It's been raining for nearly a week...and now a hurricane is due to hit NC. For me, that just means a lot of rain, and possible flooding (especially since we live right across the street from the wetlands).
For the first time since Project Heal was started, I am participating. I will be blogging every day, and following Project Heal: Capture Your Grief . If any of my fellow babyloss mommies want to participate, and link up with me, please do. Let's all heal together.


Day 1: Sunrise

When I got up this morning, there was no sun to be had. It's not raining at the moment, but I can't see the sun for all of the fog. It's very foggy out, and sometimes I feel like that too. The loss of a baby can make one feel like that, like they're seeing everything through the fog. It can feel pretty hopeless...but God is there, and the sun is there, and hope is there...even if I can't see it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment