Sunday, October 25, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief: Earth Remembrance

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this Fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief . It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 25: Earth Remembrance



I thought long and hard about what to plant or do for Earth Remembrance. At first, I wanted to plant peonies, but I wasn't sure how they would do...and then I had my heart set on a little tree...
And I started thinking about the significance of plants and herbs...and I read somewhere about rosemary being the herb of love and remembrance...and I wanted a rosemary tree.
And then I couldn't find one anywhere....and I prayed for one.
And my beautiful friend Bethany showed up with one.
When I was a younger mom, I couldn't cook with rosemary. The smell alone used to remind me of the apartment we lived in when Ella was a year old and my failed cooking experiments.
About a year ago, I attempted cooking with rosemary...I think it was chicken. It was one of the first things I'd made with rosemary to ever turn out.
As it was simmering on the stove, I left the house and went across the yard to the woods to sit and pray and print names on leaves. An emotional moment caught me with my  head in my hands...and then the smell of rosemary had a new meaning...
healing.
How far God has brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment