Monday, October 19, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief: Music

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this Fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief. It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 19: Music 


These are some of the lyrics to Celine Dion's "Fly"...
You can find the video here .
When I was a kid, my Dad had a silly nickname for me. It was something he claimed he would have preferred my name to be, and sometimes he still calls me that. I have a silly nickname for Ella: Owls. I called her that because when she was a baby and she yawned, she looked like a little owl. It's translated to her kid-hood because she absolutely LOVES owls.
I have absolutely no idea what I would have called Riley Grace had I been able to carry to term and deliver her alive. It would probably have been something silly...I'll never know now.
Since I heard the song "Fly", I've always thought of Riley as "little wing." (The first words to this song are Fly, fly little wing)....
I have many many songs that are my "Riley" songs, but literally every word of this song fits. Especially the lyrics above. No matter how many moonrises and sunsets I see in my lifetime, I will never forget my little wing.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song - so beautiful and moving Joanna! Blessings to you as you continue to heal every day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete