Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Project Heal Capture Your Grief: Books

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief . It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 6: Books

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14

This is my Bible, in my native language. (Polish)
When Riley died, I was pretty angry at God. I shut Him out, for years and years...
In June of 2011, I decided I was going to read the Bible cover to cover and then put it up on a shelf and never look at it again...just so I could say that I had done it.
Nearly 4 and a half years later, I'm still reading every day.
I've come to this book with many emotions, as far as my first daughter is concerned. I've come with anger, on days when the pain is just too much. I've come with gratitude, because she WAS here, even though it was but for a short time. I've come with confusion...because what do I tell my living daughter when she asks hard questions?
Over the last ten years, I've read many books on the subject of baby loss. To me, this one has been the most instrumental in my healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment