Thursday, October 29, 2015

Project Heal: Capture Your Grief: What Heals You

In an effort to ease my hurting heart this Fall, I am participating in Project Heal: Capture Your Grief. It's a photography/storytelling project to honor the babies we've lost.

Day 29: What Heals You 


For a long time after coming to grips with the fact that she was really gone, and even after having Ella, I would feel the overwhelming need to go outside and just GO somewhere. Somewhere quiet, where trees outnumber people.
In the summer, I go to the river and take my shoes off and walk along the shoreline and look for pretty pebbles.
In the spring, I go and look at flowering trees and close my eyes and breathe in their scent.
In the fall, I crunch through leaves and admire the foliage.
In the winter, I wait until it's dark out and walk quietly along the snow-lined roads.
Nature heals me. Prayer heals me. Helping others remember heals me.

No comments:

Post a Comment