Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pantry Purge: This is the post where I cry over spilled fettucine and re-find an old friend

I should have known this last night.

Someone should have warned me.


What's wrong here?

If you are thinking that pasta is totally gonna fall out all over my floor, you are SO very right. It happened this morning. I cried. Stupid hormones. You know what fixed it? Stacking the packages so they weren't all wonky. Oh, and TURNING THEM AROUND. Duh. Sigh. I would feel worse, except this is all a big learning experience for me (aka something my grandkids can laugh at me for one day)

You'll be proud of me. (Once you forget that I was a total idiot who spilled fettucine all over her floor this morning). Remember my swap with D? Well, what I got in return was a pork roast. Something to put in my freezer, NOT my pantry, which I am supposed to be purging. I also used a bunch of applesauce (and will be using more) to make these .

And as far as my old friend? When we moved into this house a year ago, my OCD kicked in bigtime and I took out the things I needed for breakfast/lunch/whatever and put them in a basket I kept in the kitchen. And somehow my basket disappeared...well I found it yesterday.

Tonight, I'm using up more canned veggies, and a box of mac and cheese (and don't you DARE judge me. You know you have a box of it in your house.)

Oh, and I've fixed the pasta.

I've still got a ways to go, but at least I won't have fettucine on my floor anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment