Thursday, October 9, 2014

..and now, for something completely different

In seven days, Ella will donate 12 inches of hair to Wigs for Kids. I will donate 7 to Beautiful Lengths.

It has been a very long two years.

On October 16, 2012 a beautiful lady departed from this world, and we are better for having known her. Ms. Lora, who was my "fake Momma" and shoulder to cry on breathed her last breath and went to heaven where there is no more pain, breast cancer, or grief.

On October 16, 2014, Ella and I will donate hair in Ms. Lora's memory.

In the last two years, my daughter's hair has gone from this...

...to this

And my daughter has gone from a little six year old to a young lady determined to make this world a better place. And Ms. Lora, whether she knew it or not, has so much to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment