Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remembering.

I've spent the majority of today in the woods near our house. On my knees. Breathing in the scent of pine and fallen leaves.

Last night, there was a storm which blew down a large limb in the woods. While I worked on my remembrance project, I watched Ella play near the limb with our kittens. It was therapeutic.

A few years ago, a friend of mine printed Riley's name on a leaf. I've wanted to do something like that since then, but never had the opportunity. I took the opportunity today, and will be continuing this project as long as the weather allows.

It's just one name, one leaf...right?

Not when you look at the big picture.

There are so many of us. Missing our children.

So much of the year is spent grieving in silence...
Please, break that silence. If you are an angel mom, please speak your angel's name. Write your child's name. Anything to make them known.

No comments:

Post a Comment