Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pantry Purge: This is the post where I actually use a can of tomato soup (and not for fake Halloween blood)

...although, I had seriously thought about it.

I had ONE can of tomato soup sitting on my pantry shelf, staring at me.

"Do something with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
 
Yesterday, I started to make steakhouse soup. Don't ask for the recipe. One day I will get around to writing it. It involves stew beef, diced tomatoes, and vegetables.
Only I didn't have tomatoes.
Or tomato paste.
Or even a can of diced tomatoes.
Nothing
Except that stupid can of soup.
 
I ended up throwing in the whole can, and some spices, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
 
Gabe never noticed that anything was amiss.
 

Now, I will probably never ever buy a can of tomato soup (unless it's by mistake, I seriously think that is how I ended up with the few of them that I had...and I gave most of them away) but at least now I know that I can do something with it...besides make fake blood for Halloween.  Anybody else have creative ideas for canned tomato soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment