Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pantry Purge: This is the post where it's winter, so I make winter soup

It got COLD out.

So, in an effort to further get rid of things from my pantry (and sorry for the lack of updated shelf pic, I had a client to see and flexiclips to sell, that had to take a backseat), I threw a bunch of stuff into a pot and called it soup.

It's a potato soup base (which means, boil potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, butter and water in my book)



When the potatoes are "stabbable" (husband's word, not mine. It just means they are soft) add in whatever vegetables you have on hand. I had some broccoli, green chilies, corn and green beans.

Cook all of that, season to taste and add a splash of milk, then heat through.

Ella likes hers topped with bacon bits. Yum!!!


This helped me knock out a few cans of vegetables as well as a container of vegetable stock that sat on the shelf gathering dust. Pictures soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment