Monday, June 2, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Applesauce Puffs

I was stalking through one of my favorite blogs, Raising Arrows, and found a recipe for something called Applesauce Puffs.

This was awesome because I have entirely too much applesauce in my house. We can't eat that much applesauce. A few years ago, I made crockpot apple butter, but I didn't want to fire up the crockpot and was really in the mood for something else (not porkchops and applesauce, I have a weird no-fruit-and-meat rule).

I had all of the stuff needed for these...except the Bisquick, so I sent husband and one of his friends to the grocery store to get it, only to have him call me a few times, saying "All I can find is pancake mix." (Can you tell Gabe doesn't go to the grocery store much?)

Anyway...here's the recipe, swiped from this awesome blog.

Applesauce Puffs

Ingredients

2 cups Bisquick
3/4 cup sugar, divided
3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 Tablespoons oil
5 Tablespoons melted butter



Here's what you do.

*Combine Bisquick, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon


*Stir in applesauce, milk, egg and oil until well mixed.



*Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full


*Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes


*Meanwhile, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl


*Melt your butter, and put that in a different bowl. Make yourself a little work station


*Take your delicious-smelling puffs out of the oven


*Dip hot puffs in melted butter, then the cinnamon sugar


*Watch your husband devour 3 or 4 before you have a chance to blink

These were delicious. It made 12 big puffs. Ella is already asking me to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment