Monday, June 30, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Black Bean Brownies

I figured it was about time I posted this recipe, considering I made it for the first time two weeks ago. While Ella knew what was in it the whole time (she helped make them!), Gabe did not, so he was my guinea pig.

I figured if a chocoholic like Gabe would like them, then they have passed the test!

They definitely passed the Gabe test, and I've made them again since.


Here's what you need:

*one can of black beans, rinsed and drained
*3 tablespoons of peanut butter
*2 eggs
*4 tablespoons of coconut oil
*4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*3/4 cup sugar (I used less but the recipe called for this much)
*1/2 teaspoon salt


Here's what you do


*Blend your black beans until they are smooth. My blender DIED right before I made this recipe, so I had to use the stick blender Gabe's Mom sent us a while back...I'm scared to death to use it sometimes...you know, I start thinking about food spraying everywhere....


*Throw everything into the mixing bowl and mix. I used a spoon for this. The stick blender was just too much for me there. It was OK to mix the beans with but...but...yeah, I have kitchen OCD. Bigtime.


It looks like regular brownie mix, doesn't it? It tastes like it too :)

*Bake at 350 until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.


They look like this when they are done. I went to answer a phone call and when I returned I was going to take a picture of what a single brownie looked like. Never.happened.

They're delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment