Wednesday, June 4, 2014

October 15th Project

Since the Mother'sDay project, I've been thinking on what to do for October 15th.

Yes, I'm ahead of myself, but October 15th (Pregnancy, Infant and Child Loss Day) is the only day us grieving moms have where it's "ok" (by society's standards) for us to remember our children and speak their names.

Last year, I was told not-so-kindly by my husband's uncle that I needed to "get over" my daughter and "move on" with my life.

Needless to say, I blocked him on Facebook. He and I have never been close, but I drew the line there. We haven't spoken since.

I realized that this might be the only time that some moms have their child acknowledged...and so many of us don't have anything that bears their name.

For a very long time, I had nothing with Riley's name on it. It hurt more than most people can imagine.

So, this year....

Before October 15th, I want to reach as many people as I can.

I've always loved writing Riley's  name wherever I could, especially the little beachy strip in town.


I want to do this for as many Angel Moms as I can. I will send a digital file along with a mailed 4x6 print of your child's name. It's free. I wouldn't feel right taking money from anyone.

Please email me at joanna.unbehaun@yahoo.com

Thank you.
God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Sis you know I REALLY would LOVE our angels names <3

    Michael, Genivive, Sora, Jessica & Daniel <3 & TY in advance <3 you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete