Monday, August 25, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

I'm sitting at Grandma Jean's house, and we're having hot dogs. Way to screw up my Meal Plan, right? Oh, well. I'll be cooking for Gabe later tonight anyway, and he and Ella can have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

It's been a very long few days, and truthfully, I'm melancholy and sad, which is why I came to Gram's. A good friend of mine passed away this weekend, and I just got news of a mother losing her sweet baby at 6 months' gestation.

It's a lot to wrap one's head around, this grief. Also, a friend of Grandpa Bruce's passed away, and I ran into his family on the way here. Mr. Floyd (Grandpa's friend) had a heart of gold. The very first day he met me, he gave me a box of apples. People just don't DO that.

So, I'm just breathing, sitting here at Gram's and looking out the window at her flower garden. I get to take some dahlias home with me, and put them up in the big pitcher that Gabe got me.

That's a purple angel trumpet

Dinnerplate dahlia


So, here's the Meal Plan for this week

Monday: Ham, green beans, and new potatoes
Tuesday: The Angel Chicken we never had last week
Wednesday: Frittata
Thursday: Pizza
Friday: Chicken Stew
Saturday: Steakhouse Soup
Sunday: Skillet Lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment