Friday, August 1, 2014

Fridays with Ella: Mothers and Daughters

Hi.

Because I'm homeschooled, I spend a lot of time with my Mom. Today, we ran a lot of errands and right now, even though it's late, I'm on the laptop while we are on a hot chocolate date.

I asked her some questions today while we were out running errands and paying bills. Some of her answers about her Mom made me kind of sad. I really like spending time with my Mom, and I think most of the time she likes spending time with me.

So, here is our short interview.

Me: What was it like when you were my age?

Mom: When I was your age, I had just moved to America. It was kind of scary not knowing the language, but we all did O.k.

Me: Did you ever wish you were homeschooled?

Mom: Sometimes. But I don't think my Mom would have wanted to homeschool us kids.

Me: Why not?

Mom: I don't know. Some people just don't homeschool their kids.

Me: Did you and your Mom spend a lot of time together?

Mom: Not really. She was pretty busy keeping up the house.

Me: Do you wish you and your Mom spent more time together?

Mom: Sometimes.

Me: Is that why you spend a lot of time with me?

Mom: Yes. I try to spend more time with you because I think my Mom feels bad now because she didn't spend time with us kids. I don't want to miss anything.


I think my Mom is really sad because her Mom didn't spend a lot of time with her. I'm glad that she spends time with me though. Like today, it's late, but she still took me out for hot chocolate and hung out with me all morning.

I try my best to be a good daughter to my Mom, and if I ever have a daughter of my own, I'll make sure to spend lots of time with her. Maybe I'll even homeschool. If you're a Mom, please make sure to spend lots of time with your daughter. If you're a daughter, please make sure to love and respect your Mom.


What Ella wore:
T-shirt: Rose's/Maxway
Pants: gift, Puma brand
Rainboots: Zulily

1 comment:

  1. I pray if I'm ever blessed with another daughter that she and I will be close like you and your mom are Ella.

    ReplyDelete