Sunday, August 10, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Chicken Spaghetti in a Rosy Red Pepper Sauce

Sounds pretty fancy, doesn't it?

It's not.

But you can totally tell people it is, because it tastes fancy. Oh. You must must must have the red peppers. I tried making it without the red peppers (obviously, I didn't call it red pepper sauce) and it didn't taste right. I've been making it this way so long that Ella automatically equates chicken spaghetti with red peppers...she seriously reminded me to buy a red pepper when she read the meal plan calendar.

Here's what you need (note: the spaghetti is not pictured...duh. I had me a dummy moment. also, the olive oil is not pictured...it's been a long day)

*Olive oil (not pictured, ugh)
*Onion
*Chicken
*Peppers (I have a green one and a red one)
*Diced Tomatoes
*Pasta Sauce (I used Food Lion Brand, but I am also partial to DelMonte)
*half and half, or cream cheese, or heavy cream...or milk. It depends. today, I used half and half
*Spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
*Pasta (I used angel hair...and it's not pictured. whoops)

Here's what you do

*Heat olive oil in a skillet, then throw your chicken (cut into bite sized pieces) in


*When your chicken is browned, throw in your onion and peppers


*Throw in your diced tomatoes, juice and all.

*Let that simmer a few minutes, then add about half a can of spaghetti sauce, and spices to taste

*While that's simmering start your pasta water. I always put olive oil and salt into my pasta pot.

*And when your pasta is just about done, pour some half and half (or whatever) into your sauce, and heat through. This gives it that awesome rosy color.

*Strain your pasta, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment