Friday, September 12, 2014

Tidbits from this week




Dear Lung Virus, You can bite me: I'm on the mend, but my goodness, has this been a miserable week. I can finally talk without coughing...mostly. The "best" part about this virus? It has to "run its course" bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Great News:!!!!! Dad had two doctor's appointments this week. They both went so well! He is 100% cancer-free!!!! He's also gained 15 pounds and is looking great! His next appointment with his regular doctor is in December, and the radiation doctor doesn't want to see him until APRIL! whoot whoot! Go Dad!!!!

Something New: I've been working since literally the day we moved to North Carolina, but I feel like it's time for me to contribute to our household more. So, I'm stepping out on a bit of a limb here. I signed up with Lilla Rose today! You can find my website here. I'm still doing some work on it (like the image won't upload, grrrrrrr, but feel free to order!) Every penny helps my lovely family (and our journey back up to the great white North). That said, I do love my Lilla Rose flexi clip.
Ella does too, and it's the only thing we've found that will comfortably keep her waist length hair up. They're made of music wire, so they're really sturdy. And they're so darn pretty too!


God Answers Prayers: For the past year, I've been asking God to bring Gabe back to church. This Wednesday, God answered! Here's our little couples selfie before church :)


 
How Far He's Brought Us: Today, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in over 2 years. She remarked about how happy I look and was I still with my husband? The last time she saw me, I was talking divorce. I informed her that yes, Gabe and I are still together and this is the happiest we've ever been. God has brought us so far from the couple who looked good on the outside, but were a total mess behind closed doors. My husband is my hero and my protector. If you were to tell me two and a half years ago that I would be typing those words, I wouldn't have believed you. Praise God, with Him nothing is impossible!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment