Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fridays with Ella, On a Saturday: Homeschooled and Weird

Hi.

I've been thinking about writing this for a while.

More than one person has asked me if being homeschooled is weird.

Do I have friends?

Do I ever get to see other kids?

Is it weird?

Maybe to some other people, it's weird, but this is all I know. I've always been taught at home, and I'm very happy with it. No, I'm not going to say that all children should be homeschooled. I think every parent needs to decide what's best for their child.

Just the other day, someone asked about socialization, and "do I ever see kids my age?"

Yes. I do. I have church friends and neighborhood friends and I have friends of all ages, younger and older than me.

I also get asked if all I do is stay home all the time, and the answer is NO. I'm always going somewhere, heading to do something...explore a pond, go on a hike, study a plant or animal.

I asked my Mom why she homeschools me and she told me that it is what she feels is best for me. Because she's my Mom, I trust that.

If I am weird because I am homeschooled, I am completely proud of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment