Monday, September 1, 2014

Meal Plan Monday and some words from a stressed out Mom


It's been a stressful few weeks. Most of it is beyond my control, and a good deal of it is me failing to trust God.

Now that I have a handle on my stress, it's easier to deal with it. Here are some things I've learned about coping with everyday stress.

*Pray. Set aside some time to be with God. I used to read  my Bible at night after Ella went to bed, but I've recently switched to praying and reading my Bible in the morning, first thing. It starts my day off on the right foot, and makes it easier to deal with the little stressors that pop up during the day.

*Exercise. That's my saving grace some nights. It helps to pound out about 5 miles of pavement...my knees don't always agree with that, but ohhh does it ever help.

*Go outside. Breathe. Walk around. Repeat.

*Write a note to someone who needs it. I'll be writing thank you cards to a few people tonight.

*Clean. That's one of my big de-stressors. When something is bothering me, I clean.


That said, here is the Meal Plan for this week.

Monday: sandwiches. It's HOT, ya'll. Gabe offered to fix sandwiches, and I wasn't going to complain.

Tuesday: Crockpot chicken pot pie

Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner

Thursday: Ramen stir fry ( I swiped it from Grandma Jean's lady magazine, recipe up later this week)

Friday: Mexican Macaroni and Cheese

Saturday: either Cheesy Potato Soup or Winter Soup, I'm yet to make up my mind

Sunday: Spaghetti

I took a walk around the neighborhood today. Yes, it's hot, but fall is definitely on its way.

 
 
 



I'm trying to get back to basics this Fall. Focus more on my family, and less on stressing out. After all, I'm blessed!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment