Monday, September 8, 2014

Meal Plan Monday and a gushy love post

Friends, before I officially start this post, I'd like to ask for some major prayers. God knows what's going on in our lives and what the needs are. He's bigger than any situations and I've been having a pity party for myself and I shouldn't be. He's in control, not us (it's better that way!) and I need to learn to trust Him more than I trust myself. Ugh.

Ok, that said....

today is Gabe's BIRTHDAY! Don't tell him I told ya'll, but he is 39 years old. And he doesn't look it, not at all, despite what he thinks.

Gabe was born nearly two months before his due date, and he had to spend some time in an incubator ("with the other little chickens", he says). He was adorable as an infant, and Ella's infant pictures are so much like his, you couldn't tell the difference.

 He has the best sense of humor of anyone I've ever met in my life. He constantly puts others above himself, and more often than not, I run into people in town who sing his praises.

Gabe was the first Bible-believing Christian I met besides my grandmother. We didn't have a church wedding, so faith actually didn't come up until Ella was almost two. I remember that he asked me when the last time I looked at a Bible was. I replied something vague, and mentioned an age in the single digits. He's the person who gave me the push into a relationship with Christ.

If I've ever doubted that God has an ultimate plan, Gabe's my proof that He does. We've had some rough times in our marriage, and most of it has been my fault. When I wanted to throw in the towel and give up, Gabe is the one who showed me that our marriage is worth fighting for. He's the quiet calm to my loud stressball. I can seriously sit on a couch with him for hours and laugh and laugh and never need anything but his company.

So, a big fat, gushy happy birthday to my husband, my love, my better half, the father of my children!

That said, here's what's in store this week.

Monday: Baked Potato Bar, because it's what the birthday man wants :)
Tuesday: t/b/a or Chicken Tacos
Wednesday: breakfast for dinner, it's church night
Thursday: Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup
Friday: Homemade assemble-your-own pizzas
Saturday: Cheeseburger Soup
Sunday: Chicken and red pepper spaghetti

Have a blessed week, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment