Friday, March 21, 2014

The "Invisible Mom".

This morning, I opened my email "inbox" to many, many notes from angel Moms.

One email said that this particular lady felt like she was an "invisible mom."

And that said it perfectly. That's exactly how us grieving moms feel if we don't have living children "to show".

I know so many women are being tired of being invisible moms, of not having the acknowledgment from others.

My husband said today, "Life begins at conception. So does parenthood."

YES!

Again, for those who don't know what I'm doing, I'm sending Mother's Day cards to any grieving Mom who wants to feel supported, and loved.

The outpouring of love and support for this project is already overwhelming. I feel like God has brought me to this point. I feel like this is what He wants me to do. Like I am fulfilling a purpose. Like I have come home.

For all of those who have replied: I am honored to send you a card.

For all of those who have offered to help: Thank you. A thousand times thank you. I am humbled and amazed by your willingness to help.

For all of those who feel alone: You're not. If you'd like to be part of the Mother'sDay Project, please email me at joanna.unbehaun@yahoo.com   I would be honored to include you in this project.

To all of my fellow angel moms: We were not MEANT to be invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment