Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Sandwich Ring

Woo-hoo, cross one off my bucket list!

And nothing got burned or blown up!

I've wanted to make one of these for months and months and months. I found the original recipe here, but I didn't use chicken as the meat. I used black forest ham and rotisserie turkey. What can I say? I sent Gabe to the store for chicken, and that's what he came back with.

Whatever.

Here's what you  need.

Ingredients: 2 cans of Pillsbury French bread dough

one egg white

bread crumbs

poppy seeds (the original recipe did not call for these, but I totally used them)

lunchmeat/deli meat of your choice

tomatoes

lettuce

cheese (we used American but you can use whatever your little heart desires)

What to do:



Shape your two loaves (tubes!) of French bread into a ring. Excuse my beat up cookie sheets. They're well used.


Brush with egg whites and sprinkle with bread crumbs and poppy seeds. Ella has an odd fascination with poppy seeds on bagels, bread, etc. I asked my Dad and he said I was the exact same way, so I guess that makes sense.



It should look kind of like this. Kind of. Don't take my word for it.


Bake at 350 until it looks like this. Every oven is different, so I'm not even going to bother to tell you a time.


Cut off the top half. I was convinced I would screw this up. But I didn't!!!
 

 
Add your sandwich fixin's

Broil for a few minutes until the cheese melts.


Replace the top, cut and serve! Yay for crossing this off my bucket list! Yay for not blowing up the kitchen :)


Yumminess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment