Monday, May 5, 2014

Last Mother'sDay Project Update: Thank You

Today, I wrote out the last card.
Today, my daughter decorated the last envelope.

And then I broke down in tears.

I am 12 days out from my girls' birthdays. And I am doing what I love.
Usually, this time of years is full of sleepless nights, panic attacks, and crying jags.

For the first time since Riley Grace died, I feel peaceful. I feel fulfilled. I feel...dare I say it...joyful.

I'm helping people. I'm giving them what I so, so desperately wanted after that awful day in 2005. Acknowledgement. Affirmation. These children, these babies, exist. These ladies are still moms. They are the embodiment of strength. To be able to get out of bed in the morning after such a loss is a feat sometimes.

If anyone wants a Father's Day card for an angel Dad, email me. joanna.unbehaun@yahoo.com
I am working toward something big for October 15th.
Anyone with ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

To everyone who supported this project, thank you. You mean more than you will ever know.
To everyone who is receiving a card, thank you for letting me do this for you.
To my husband, who stood by me and told me I was doing something worthwhile, thank you. You're my rock during times where I feel like I am spinning in circles, going nowhere, and everything is out of control.
To my daughter who gave of her time and herself, thank you. You are amazing. Wise beyond your seven years. I am so blessed to be your mother.
To my angel daughter...you made all of this possible. Thank you.
Lord...thank You. You are good all of the time. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me cry. I love that God gives us such amazing, joyous moments stemming from our grief. It doesn't mean the ache is gone, but having a moment like this in the time of year you're in is so amazing. Recipients of the cards will be so incredibly blessed, Jo. You truly are doing amazing things. Your compassion is inspirational.

    -Brittney

    ReplyDelete