Thursday, May 29, 2014

Turning my eyes upon Him

I don't know how to explain it, but the last week or so I have felt OFF.

Besides being sick, I mean.  It took a conversation with a dear family friend to figure out why I've been feeling so awful. So hateful. So OFF.

I took my eyes off of what is important. WHO is important. Jesus.

He's the most important person of all.

And when I took my eyes off of Him....

*I started feeling off (I'm talking mood swings, unhappiness, general apathy...I was so hateful I couldn't stand myself)

*My anxiety came back

*Little problems had tried to make their way into our family.

After identifying the problem, it's no co-incidence that I've been singing "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus."....

I can't remember the last time I sang it in choir or at all, but it has consistently been in my head. A gentle reminder from Christ.

This is where my focus needs to be.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in His wonderful face
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of His glory and grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment