Monday, January 5, 2015

Meal Plan Monday, Some Sad News, and Random Beauty

I'll start with the sad news. After nearly two years of happy life, our fish Cottontail died this morning. Yes, he is only a fish but we were all pretty attached, even Gabe.

He had a good life, and the only time Sparrow ever showed interest in him was right before our move and even then she didn't really want to eat him. This weekend, Ella and I are going out of town, and will likely buy a new fish. The sight of the empty little tank breaks my heart.


Here's the Meal Plan for this week:

Monday: Baked Rotini. This would have been dinner yesterday, but we were at church all day. So, sandwiches and soup it was. Oh, and we had leftover chili from lunch at church. We didn't go hungry ;)

Tuesday: Chinese Pork and Broccoli in the crockpot. It's going to be one of THOSE Tuesdays.

Wednesday: Baked chicken strips and fries.

Thursday: Fajitas and Rice. Trying a new recipe for the fajitas!

Friday: That will likely be the day that Ella and I go out of town, and I think we will just suck it up and get pizza or something to take home.

Saturday: Gumbo. Wish me luck. Hubby hates okra, but I've been craving it.

Sunday: Spaghetti. Extra mushrooms.


Now, for the random beauty. Today was freezing outside and then my fish died and it was just...ugh.
While feeling sad and sorry and just all around down, I noticed the daffodil plant that Gabe and Ella bought me. I watched it throughout the day and here is what I saw.






No comments:

Post a Comment