Saturday, January 24, 2015

Inspired by a Book: Harriet the Spy's Chocolate Egg Cream

Ella and I are currently reading Harriet the Spy. In yesterday's reading, Harriet went to the store and ordered a Chocolate Egg Cream. I remember wondering what one was way way way back when I first read it, but then I forgot about it. Yesterday, Ella and I researched and found out what an egg cream is....and there are NO eggs in it. I read that it's made in a "tall soda glass" and whipped with a "malt spoon" and if you're wondering "who the heck has those things in their kitchen?" the answer is: me.


We got our recipe right here and it was seriously good!!!!

So, here we go :)

Chocolate Egg Cream


Here's what you need:

*1/2 cup of cold whole milk (skim won't foam up as well)
*cup of seltzer water or club soda
*2 Tablespoons of chocolate syrup
*Tall glass and long handled spoon



Here's what you do

*Pour your milk into your glass


*Add your seltzer/club soda. It will foam up!



*very, very carefully pour chocolate syrup in down the side of the glass


*stir only the bottom where the chocolate milk is...if you do it right, it will look like this


Verdict: DELICIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment