Saturday, July 25, 2015

So...

...the other day, I started thinking about how much I missed my Tom. And how he was worth every.single.penny I spent on him and every.single.tear I've cried since his passing.

And I got the crazy idea that maybe we needed another cat.

And then we ended up with two.

This lovely creature with Gabe is Sphinx. She's pretty shy right now, and is currently hiding under our bed. She enjoys snuggles and licking people's faces. She's a year old and was found as a stray near the wildlife center in Banner Elk, NC.

This is my (other) main man, Dave. Originally, we were just going to adopt Sphinx, but I fell in love with Dave's face. He was given to the Humane Society with many, many other cats whose owners were going through a divorce. Dave enjoys stealing grocery bags and laying them out smooth to make himself a bed, as well as emptying cabinets so he can make a "Dave Cave."

While I truly believe that our Tom was a very special cat, and that there will never be a replacement, I think that rescuing animals is extremely important. Who knows, you may even see another Tuxie in our future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment