Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Desperation in the Kitchen: Jo vs. The Fried Green Tomatoes

Nearly 5 years ago, when we moved to North Carolina, I

1)Saw the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" and fell in love

and

2) Tried Fried Green Tomatoes and fell in love.

Since then, I've bought the movie and tried (and failed!!!) to make the dish.

Today, I thought I'd give Fried Green Tomatoes a try again.




I got a package of Whistlestop Cafe (like in the movie!) breading mix, which cut down on me spicing and making a batter (and therefore cut down on stress for me)

I also took into account my friend Helena's tip of getting rid of the moisture with salt. I'm going to apologize for the lack of pictures, but when you're slinging batter-covered tomatoes into hot oil, it's not really practical to whip out a camera.


Long story short.
Jo:1
Fried Green Tomatoes; 0, today

Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment