Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday/Meal Plan Monday

I woke up with a migraine. It's definitely Monday! But, I have way too much to do to let that migraine stop me!

The weather in my neck of the woods: Warm. And a possibility of thunderstorms every.single.day. This best not kill my tomatoes.

Things that make me happy:  A friend willing to come by in the morning to bring me a Pepsi, pretty things in my garden, supportive people.

Meal Plan for the week: Let me preface this by saying I'm going to have to do some investigating on this egg shortage. Totally not good because we try to have breakfast for dinner one day a week. However, there are a lot of farmer's markets here, so maybe, we'll be mostly unaffected.

Monday: Pizza, with homemade sauce. (my basil is growing wild)
Tuesday: Ham and whipped potatoes
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner (or some adaptation thereof)
Thursday: Beef Stew
Friday: Leftover ham mac and cheese
Saturday: Stuffed pepper soup (stay tuned for recipe)
Sunday: Spaghetti

On the TV today: NOTHING. I'm making it a point to step away from the electronics as soon as I'm done with this post. I'll return to the TV tonight to watch a movie with Ella.

Looking around the house: This living room needs a decorative touch. Will work on that tonight.

On my to-do list: *Living room
                              *Taking clothes to thrift store to donate them
                              * Weed the tomato patch
New recipe I tried or want to try soon: This cauliflower alfredo sauce I made last night. As far as new stuff? I have no idea.

In the craft basket: Still those dang headbands. I have zero creativity. Zip. Ugh.

Looking forward to this week: Getting some work done in the garden. Decorating the house. Having roses blooming in the garden!!!

Tips and Tricks: It's a no-brainer, but MIRACLE-GRO on your houseplants, ya'll. Just make sure to dilute really well. My psychocactus was pretty well dead when I first got it and Grandpa Bruce told me to give it Miracle Gro. It's now in its second bloom cycle this year :)

My favorite blog post this week: I got nothin'. Next week!

Blog Hopping: Pinch of Yum , a blog I will be stalking for new recipes :)

No Words Needed: 



Lesson Learned the past few days: Our kids are watching us, ya'll. Just remember that.

On my mind: Finances, decorating this house, hoping I'll have tomatoes this year. Also, several unspoken prayer requests. Pray with me, please?

Devotionals, Scripture, Key Verses: For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. --Hosea 6:6

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you sis! Yay for basil galore! Make sure you turn some of it into basil olive oil!!!!!!!!!!!! Dinner tonight sounds yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete