Thursday, June 18, 2015

Checking The List: General Chaos Update, June 2015

Do ya'll remember this post and the list that came with it? That post was written at one of the most stressful times in my life, when I was trying to keep a grasp on my sanity.

That stress has passed, Praise God, and I remain (mostly) sane. I wanted to update ya'll on my list :)

Here goes:

1) Working on my relationship with Christ: It's been rough. I've read a lot of things in the Bible that have challenged things I've believed (not God-wise, life-wise) for years. I'm realizing now that being in a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than being in a garage makes you a car.

2) Enjoying my family. CHECK! YES. I love it. I love spending time with my husband and daughter, and the various others that comprise my little family.



3) Basking in the major change my family is undergoing: CHECK! Yup! We moved! (side note: we are about to undergo more changes. Stay tuned....) We are currently living with this view....


4) Repairing a broken relationship that means more to me than I realized: That would be my Mom. Working on it! It's better than it was :)

5) Finishing up the homeschool year: CHECK! (and I didn't do last day of school photos because we moooooved)

6) Planning a trip: Ok, cat's out of the bag. Sometime in the late summer/early fall, Ella and I will be taking a trip to home, sweet home!

7) Taking aforementioned trip: Working on it :)

8) Not neglecting this blog: CHECK! I've actually written some worthwhile stuff :)

9) Learning to sew better: working on it! Have some projects that will be getting accomplished in the next few weeks

10) Taking measures to pursue my dream job: CHECK! I am back in school!

11) Trying new recipes: CHECK! I made braised ribs and cauliflower alfredo . Lately, it's been way too hot to cook, but as soon as it cools down enough so my kitchen doesn't feel like hellfire, I'll cook more new recipes.

12) Helping my husband expand his cooking horizons: CHECK! He made spaghetti and has been helping with cooking here and there. He feels more confident in the kitchen, I can tell that much.

13) Meeting new people: CHECK! I've met several sweet people I am proud to call friend.

14) Helping others the best that I can: CHECK! If I'm in a position to help someone, I've made it a point to do it.

As far as the general chaos update: It is what it is. And what it is is chaos :) I'm working, I'm in school, I'm keeping up the house. I'm trying to breathe and take time to myself (because I'll go insane if I don't). And currently, I'm waiting on the UPS man and trying to get work done at the computer. Ella is doing well, and Gabe is doing well, and we're all healthy and I thank God for it. Keep praying for my Daddy, as he is doing well, but could always use the prayers! Say a prayer for my Mom, she is a brave woman for going through having the rug pulled out from under her and Dad, during his cancer treatments. There are so many people out there who need prayers and God knows each of them by name. So, just send up a prayer for everyone who needs it. Life is too short and precious NOT to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment