Monday, February 5, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 5, 2018

Good...afternoon! I had great intentions of posting this early this morning, but it didn't happen. My elderly neighbor is away on an Alaskan cruise (lucky gal!!!) and I'm feeding her cats. I got up early, fed the cats, and got the baby up. Then, my older daughter got up and I started on breakfast, then my boss called...and...and...and, well, you get the picture.

Let's get on with this week then!


The weather: Indecisive is the best word to describe it. One day, it's 50 degrees and sunny, the next we have an ice storm. Aurgh. Hurry spring, hurry fast.

As I look outside my window: It's beautiful! Everything looks like it has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. The mountain view off my deck is spectacular!!

Right now, I am: Making a short grocery list and trying to plan out my week.

Thinking and pondering: The above, and that I'm really glad that the liquid iron seems to be working. It's taken a little bit over a week, but I have more energy and I'm feeling more like my old self again. I'm also trying to reach 10,000 steps a day. This morning, I took a walk around the pond near our property. Baby steps to get to where I need to be.

On my bedside table: Solar phone charger, my sketchbook, art pencils, and a package of blank bookmarks I'm going to draw on (and maybe sell? hmmmm)

On my T.V.: Season 2 of The Great British Baking Show and Season 2 of Paranormal Survivor, which I can't take seriously. Anybody else watch Paranormal Survivor?

On the menu this week:
Monday: Cauliflower Kuku (an Iranian egg dish, recipe soon)
Tuesday: Country Club Chicken
Wednesday: Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Thursday: Hamburger Gravy
Friday: Sausage and Rice
Saturday: Either Butter Chicken or Zuppa Toscana
Sunday: Stuffed Shells

I'm going to attempt the Butter Chicken from scratch on Saturday for a friend. If it's a massive fail, we will have Zuppa Toscana, which is one of my old stand by's. Wish me luck!!!

On my to-do list: Work, Mt. Washmore (aka the pile of laundry I need to do), start on a watercolor portrait for a friend.

What I am creating:  I finished a sketch this week! I've had a couple of people ask me if I sell my artwork (I do!) and one person asked me to do a portrait of their children.

It's not perfect, but it's not bad for being drawn freehand, in bed, in the mostly dark while the baby slept. Currently, I'm working on the watercolor portait and a goose-themed print to hang over Josie's bed.

My simple pleasure: Warm cookies and cold milk. Seriously, is there anything more comforting?

Lesson Learned this week: Rest is important, and it's not a crime to say "no" to people who want something from you. My father in law and I had a talk and he told me that I need to slow it down, and take care of myself...so I'm trying. Rest is not something I'm good at (seriously, ask my husband sometime about how well I fared during 13 long horrifying days of bedrest before Josie was born). But I'm trying. And rest isn't just physical either. If I take a walk, just for the sake of walking and thinking and praying, that's rest.

Looking around the house: THE LAUNDRY. Literally, everything else can be perfect, but THE LAUNDRY. Funny how we always focus on the one area that isn't perfect.

From the camera: 


Mountain and the frozen ponds near the house. 


Prayer list: Ms. Shirley, who is in the last days of her cancer battle. 
                    My family, near and far. 

Bible verse, devotional: 

Have a wonderful week, everyone!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Aw, saying no is a tough but important lesson to learn but it does get easier with practice. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and love your artwork! You'll have to post pics of those bookmarks! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dreamer sketch is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see your bookmarks!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are having the same weather!!! I love your description of it! Gorgeous sketch, you are VERY talented. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow didn't know you were an artist. beautiful sketch

    ReplyDelete