Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 19, 2018

Happy Monday! I meant to have this up earlier, but I ended up going to breakfast with a friend and then just got busy with the kids. It's Presidents' Day so it's one of those lazy days (except then I get caught up with a million little household chores), but I still  have to go to work in a few hours.

Moving on!

Breakfast time, what's on the plate this morning: It was chicken and waffles. It's one of those Southern things that I'd never had, despite the fact that I've lived here for almost 8 years. It was a bit weird, but I'm kind of into it.

On today's to-do list: Cook dinner before I work, go to work, pack up some more boxes for Goodwill and some clothes for Ella's little bestie.

Currently Reading: "Hidden in Plain Sight" by Karen Ann Hopkins. It's the 4th book in the series of Amish mysteries. Part of me would love to live the Amish life, it seems so simple...but the very fact that there are so many murder mysteries written about them makes me think twice, ha!

On the T.V. today: Criminal Minds and Drop Dead Diva, but mostly Criminal Minds. Matthew Gray Gubler is an amazing actor and his hair is the stuff dreams are made of!

The weather outside is: Cloudy but warm. I think I can handle it.

On the menu this week:
Monday: Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Tuesday: Ham Alfredo
Wednesday: Cheatin' Chicken Soup
Thursday: Denver Pot Roast, Potatoes
Friday: Every man/woman/kid for himself/herself (I may bring home a pizza or something)
Saturday: Pork Loin
Sunday: Turkey Spaghetti

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will: Work on those bookmarks. Something else got my attention this week.

What I am creating this week: Bookmarks. A cleaner home. Oh, and I just finished this. It's hard to see, but it is blue and gold.


New recipe I tried or want to try: I finally made Butter Chicken from scratch and it was incredible. I'm really impressed! Also, I made Eggplant Lasagna. Both definitely worth a make-again. Do you have any favorite low carb recipes?

Favorite photo from the camera: I honestly can't just choose one this week.


On Valentine's Day, I took the girls to two parks in town, and we had a great time. It was over 60 degrees that day, and it was just awesome to hang out with both of them.

You can really see that Ella is almost a teenager (whyyyy?!) and Josie would honestly live in a swing if I let her.

Bible Verse, Devotional: 

Have a great day!!!




3 comments:

  1. Those girls are cuties! Really, really cute. Chicken & waffles? hummm... not sure about that :)
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are beautiful! I think I could live in a swing as well. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I have to ask, what is cheatin' chicken soup? Love your description of Matthew Gray Gubler - he's one of my favorites on Criminal Minds. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete