Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Happy Homemaker Tuesday

Yep, I'm late!
It has been a whirlwind for the past two weeks, and today isn't slowing down either.
I'm sorry if this post will be rushed, here we go!!!


The Weather: Warmish. I'm loving the sunshine and no snow on the ground!

As I look outside my window: It looks like Spring! I can't help but be excited about a garden, even though I know it is at least two months out yet.

Right now, I am: Typing up this blog post, eating lunch and rushing back to work. Multitasking...the struggle is real!!

Thinking and pondering: Two weeks ago, I took a very part time second job. Last week, I resigned from it. The guy was bordering on sexual harassment and making really weird remarks about me pumping for Josie (more on my pumping journey someday). It was awful and I love my first job besides. I know I've made the right decision.

On my bedside table: Paper, pens, my phone.

On my TV: I finished Broadchurch. It was BRILLIANT, and I was a bit sad to have finished it. David Tennant is incredible. Not classically handsome, but y'all. I could listen to the guy yell all day. Anyway, I've been watching Greenleaf while I pump. I'm on the second to last episode. Thank goodness it was renewed for a 3rd season!

On the menu for this week:
Monday: Cheeseburger Soup
Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Wednesday: Meatball Sub Bake
Thursday: Zuppa Toscana
Friday: Ham, Mashed Potatoes, and Veggies
Saturday: Philly Cheese Steak Skillet
Sunday: Chicken Alfredo

On my to-do list: Work, Work, Work. Make lactation brownies. Dinner.

What I am creating: Last week, I took a much-needed break from creating anything. This week? Who knows!!!

My simple pleasure: Laughing at Big Marvel's rubber chicken song covers on YouTube with Gabe. I laughed so hard I cried over the Justin Bieber "Sorry" cover.

Lesson Learned this past week: I shouldn't be afraid to speak up. I talked to Gabe about quitting this second job, and he was super supportive. I don't need that mess. It was starting to cut into my family time, my couponing time, time with my art, and the last evening that I worked, I came home in tears because the guy was just that creepy. That was my last straw. In my 34 years, I've quit exactly two jobs without giving notice. One because the doctor literally said "this job will kill you" when Ella was 3 and this one. I'm not even sorry. I have to speak up and watch out for myself, and my health, both physical and mental.

Looking around the house: I'm doing 40 bags in 40 days and my house looks like the Goodwill donation room, lol. Renfield the white cat (did I write about him yet?) is in some corner, waiting to jump out and scare me to death.

From the camera: 



This Sunday, I took my kids to TN (we live only a few miles from the NC/TN border) and went shopping, had lunch and took them to the park. A good time was had by all, and memories were made.

Prayer List: My Dad as usual. My Father-in-Law, my family in TX/OK. They're all okay, it's just good to send up a prayer.

Bible Verse, Devotional: 


Have a great rest of the week, friends! 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna! Good for you by taking control of your health and leaving a job that is robbing you of all that is good and healthy. You being healthy for your family is your priority! Love seeing pics of your beautiful family. ;) Have a blessed rest of the week Hon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures - so cute. I'm running so late this week visiting everyone. I sure hope you had a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete