Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 1, 2018

Good...evening! I'm terribly late posting this, but I wanted to work on my New Year's Resolution of getting stuff done (housework and stuff, not this blog post, otherwise...fail!) and it actually worked!
That said, my OTHER resolution is to make regular appearances on this blog.

The Weather: It's bitterly cold here. Actually, it seems to be bitterly cold everywhere. It's supposed to warm up just a little bit tomorrow and the next day before the bottom falls out again Thursday-Saturday, ugh.

Right now, I am: Bopping along to silly parody songs while dinner cooks.

Thinking: "What was that noise?" It was a box in the living room that fell. Also, trying to co-ordinate my work schedule this week with the bazillion things that need done. Ugh.

On my Reading Pile: Lol, everything. But mostly a book about Budget Photography that Gabe gave me. It tells you how to do all the cool tricks with light without buying thousands of dollars in equipment.

On my T.V.: The second season of Broadchurch. I'm literally watching every episode, open-mouthed, because good Lord!!!

Favorite Blog Post this week: This awesome skirt! Actually, I love all of her stuff, but this is just such a cool blog about upcycling clothes. Marisa is super talented, and I hope I can one day be half as good at sewing as she is.

On the menu for this week:
Monday: Turkey and wild rice soup
Tuesday: Spaghetti squash and meat sauce
Wednesday: Ham and Cheese mac and cheese
Thursday: Pork Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Friday: Meatballs in a mushroom sauce, Egg Noodles
Saturday: Potato Soup
Sunday: Asian Beef or Goulash (I haven't decided yet)

On my to-do list: Finish folding laundry, tidy up the laundry room, start the great pantry cleanout of 2018.

What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting, or creating: Cute Valentine's Day lettering projects.


Something like this, only Valentine-y. I'm trying to get back to art, one of my first loves.

Looking around the house: The girls are sitting quietly in the living room. Josie is fascinated with the lamp and Ella is making faces at her, haha.

From the camera: Yesterday, the temperatures dropped so much that the falling snow froze. The air literally froze too. In a matter of two hours, the mountain went from bare to the trees being covered in ice. As cold as it can be, living in these mountains is magical sometimes.


On my prayer list: This country. My husband, who is just going through a bit of a time. My Ella, who's finding out that these preteen years are HARD. My Dad, as always.

Bible Verse, Devotional: 

Have a great week, friends!!!!



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of the frozen mountain! Would you mind sharing the title of your book? Sounds like something I need on my to read list! I watched the first (American) season of Broadchurch and enjoyed it,maybe I'll give season 2 a try. Hope you are staying warm and having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is "Low Budget Shooting" by Cyrill Harnischmacher

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on starting out so well with your resolutions! Stay warm with the bitter cold you are receiving! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete