Monday, January 29, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 29, 2018

I'm finally on a manageable Monday schedule, where I only work evenings again. It's only a matter of time before this changes again, so I'm enjoying it for now.


The weather: Um, weird. The sun is shining now, but we're supposed to have a snowstorm by this evening. Whut? Oh, well. You would think that after almost 8 (!!!) years in the mountains, I would be used to this weirdness, especially having come from Chicago weirdness, and then relocating to central TX weirdness...and being born in Poland weather weirdness. The mountains are a special kind of strange though.

As I look outside my window: Sunshine abounds! A thrift store is being built almost directly next door to me. I've watched the construction since last year. It used to be a pumpkin patch that I took Ella to when she was smaller. The thrift store profits Yellow Mountain Enterprises, who helps differently abled adults. They have a group home full of the most amazing individuals you've ever met. Ella and I painted a room there for a sweet lady a few years ago. I'm waxing poetic here, but they are truly amazing. And if I could ask for prayers, one of the people at the group home is dying of cancer...please, please pray.

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and fighting the sleepies. Really struggling with energy levels lately, but found out I'm anemic (again, ugh), so I'm on liquid iron (AGAIN). At least I have answers, eh? I know the last time I was on liquid iron it helped tremendously...and I ended up pregnant. While I'm thinking that will NOT happen again, I'm hoping I will see a difference in my energy levels soon.

Thinking and pondering: I have some time off happening in May. Originally, I was going to make my way North to WI and IL, but honestly, I'm reconsidering. I do so much to make everybody happy and then it doesn't end up being much of a vacation. Ella wants to see the ocean and so do I, and I'm debating taking my girls somewhere on the coast. The weather in May will be gorgeous and I want Josie's first "vacation" to be one where she doesn't see her Mom stressed nonstop. Any good beach suggestions?

On my bedside table: Pens, pencils, a sketch pad, coupons, a clipboard, my Kindle. A jumble.

On my TV: I just finished Alias Grace and it was...weird. Weird, but super good. Ella and I are watching "Anne with an E", still and some British cooking shows, and Parnormal Survivor because some of those people just crack us up. Also, it's fun to enjoy a show with a sharp-witted 11 year old. I started Harlan Coben's "The Five" but I just can't get into it (mostly because I don't have the time). My best friend binge-watched it and told me that it's really good, so I'm gong to give  it a chance. WHYYYY was Broadchurch only 3 Seasons long? I may start Jessica Jones to get my David Tennant fix.

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Chicken Stew (Recipe coming!)
Tuesday: London Broil and Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Thursday: Meatballs and Noodles, Mushrooms, and Peppers
Friday: Denver Steaks and Potatoes
Saturday: Chicken and Rice, Veggies
Sunday: Pasta Bake

On my to-do list: Clean off my bedside table, lol. Cook dinner early today. Vacuum rugs.

What I am creating: 
This only took me most of a month because I worked on it during my "spare time" (of which I have next to none). I'm a bit sad because it got smudged in the rain, but it's still pretty darn good.

My simple pleasure: Taking little walks by myself, even if it's only around the pond. I love the way nature changes, even from day to day. Before we moved to this house, Ella and I used to go into town and walk past this neighborhood, saying how awesome it would be to live here...and here we are! It's not where I want to be forever, but it's not a terrible place to be.

Lesson Learned This Week: Oh, y'all, where do I start? Toxic people are toxic people are toxic people. Even when you are hundreds of miles away from them, they will always try to worm their way back in. It's worse when they are family members and you try to mend fences. Sometimes, even if they are family, it's not worth it. I've gone back and forth with a family member for most of my life. It's always the same, and always ends in heartache. I'm not cold-hearted or mean, but I really think it's time for me to end communications. I have a husband and children and they need me to be SANE, not a ball of stress because of this mess. Some people will always try to one-up you or try to make you feel bad because you're different, don't let them. I'm really really really learning this now, at 34 years old. I'm worth more than this. And so are you, friends. Don't let some turkey get you down!

Looking around the house: It's quiet and sun-shiny. I love that. I'm in the process of clearing things out for a playroom for the kids since my living room is XXL. Progress pictures to come soon!

From the camera: 




Josie, my youngest, turned 8 months old yesterday. Lemme tell ya, trying to get a nice picture with an 8 month old who is into EVERYTHING is not easy...good thing that rose petals are edible. *snort* Seriously, though. Here she is again. She looks almost exactly like Ella did as a baby.

Prayer list: My sanity, you guys. The aforementioned toxic person situation is threatening to drive me nuts. My husband, as he searches for a better job while working his current one. My energy levels and my drive to take the liquid iron (it is VILE and I have to give myself a pep talk every day before I take it, bleh)

Bible Verse, Devotional:

Have an amazing week, friends!

4 comments:

  1. I could not get into "The Five" either. I wanted to love it, but... eh. Your baby girl is an absolute doll!!! What great photos! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy MOnday to you! Your Josie is such a Pumpkin! That thrift store sounds like it's group home does amazing things. Sending prayers for the person dealing with cancer Hon.
    Hope you find your energy!! Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable baby! It is absolutely okay to do what is best for your family (and to take care of you so you can take care of them). Jessica Jones is really great (definitely not for the kiddos) but be prepared to not like David Tennant's character at all. Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those pictures - SOOOOOO adorable. I hope you had a GREAT week. The week just got away from me and I'm so late visiting.

    ReplyDelete