Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning, friends! It's kind of a strange Monday...I go in to work for a few hours this afternoon, and it feels weird! Mondays are usually my days off where I handle housework/meal planning/randomness, so it feels odd to have work thrown into that mix. Oh, well!

The weather: Oh, praise God! It's above freezing and the skies are blue! Maybe some of this insane snow will melt!

Right now, I am: Typing this post, and listening to the dryer running and Ella scurrying about with schoolwork.

Thinking: About how blessed we are that we stayed safe through this winter storm. There are so many people without power...so many people who were stranded on roads, or worse yet, were in accidents due to slippery roads.

On my reading pile: My sister and I are still reading The Lace Reader, and because we're both so busy, it's kind of slow going. My husband ordered me "The Story of Beautiful Girl" and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm currently reading "The Supreme Macaroni Company" by Adriana Trigiani and sadly, that's slow going (because, again, busy)

On my T.V.: I now have every single episode of Reba *woohoo!!!!!* and I'm in Season 10 of Degrassi TNG.

Things that make me happy: Sunny skies and the possibility of seeing the grass in my backyard (it's currently under more than a foot of snow, ugh)

On the menu for this week: 
Monday: Roasted veggies
Tuesday: Chicken Stew
Wednesday: Pork Roast and Egg Noodles
Thursday: Ham and Green Bean Bake
Friday: One-eyed Peppers (back by popular demand)
Saturday: Pizza Soup
Sunday: Chicken Gloria served over Spaghetti

On my to-do list:
*Work
*Clean the bathrooms
*Fold the laundry

What I am creating: That depends on if I have the time. Maybe some Valentine's Day decorations?

Looking around the house: The Sphinx is in her umbrella fort, and Dave is still hanging out in Ella's tub. Oh, to be a cat.

From the Camera:




My amaryllis in bloom!!!!

On my prayer list: Family, friends, people affected by this winter storm.

Bible Verses, Devotionals: 

Have a beautiful week, my friends!!!!


15 comments:

  1. Your amaryllis is so pretty!

    I'm also glad you're seeing blue skies. What a horrible storm this was. I have a lot of family back east and was a bit worried and relieved when my niece (who travels the most) posted tat she would be working from home and not out on the roads.

    Have a great week and be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love the flowers. I must be hungry because all I can remember is your menu. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
    I linked my HHM post too.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily our power didn't go out but we have about 30" of snow! Stay safe and have a great week :) I Hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/happy-homemaker-monday-12516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since we were without power after Hurricane Sandy I never take storms lightly - especially when they occur during the colder seasons! I'm also so grateful that our home stayed warm and bright throughout the worst of this blizzard and glad to hear that you did too!
    Your menu sounds delicious - especially Chicken Stew. Perfect weather for that.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Girlie! Dreaming on green grass beneath all our snow! ::sigh:: Glad you did okay through the bad weather though. ;)

    I'm curious what one eyed peppers are on your menu?

    I LOVE your amaryllis!! So beautiful!
    Blessings on your week dear Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by. I am enjoying reading this book. I can't post the review to Feb. but I can say it is really good. It's got a good story line and teaches some great values. It's horse theme/storyline is spot on. I found no flaws! Check it out. I think she would enjoy it. I'll be reading the others next. Guess I should have started with them I can post them. LOL. Oh well! Thanks again. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you stayed safe, that was a very scary storm to go through for so many people.

    Beautiful Amaryllis :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of your Amaryllis. So pleased that you are seeing blue skies. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Amaryllis! Glad you didn't lose power!
    Hope you have a great week ahead and soon warmer temps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you sound so very busy! Take time to relax though! We can get run down without a few minutes break. It seems odd that the snow storm stayed south. We didn't get a flake here in Maine! Usually it's us getting the FEET of snow. I'm not complaining though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are one-eyed peppers? I'm intrigued! Blue skies are the best. Hope you have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you search my blog, you will find the recipe for one-eyed peppers, they should be just a few posts down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your menu looks yummy! Love the flowers!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was quite a storm, so glad you got through it!! Chicken stew sounds yummy!! Beautiful amaryllis!! Have a wonderful week friend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete