Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning, friends! It's a cold, cold day in the mountains!


The Weather: Sunny but COLD. Definitely a "bundle up" kind of day if I ever saw one!

Right now, I am: Overseeing schoolwork, and debating lunch. It's a Monday, all right.

Thinking: That it's a blah day and I better snap out of it, and quick. I'm not going to be the person that ruins my own day.

On my reading pile: The Bible, my devotional, and "Burial Rites" by Hannah Kent. I'm now more than halfway through! It's about the last woman to be executed in Iceland. During the book, she professes her innocence, but after researching her case (because it's a true story!) evidence kind of points to her having committed the murder she was executed for. Hmmm. Interesting read.

On the TV: You'll laugh, but I've been a fan of Degrassi TNG for years. (lame! I know!) so after Ella's in bed, and Gabe's still at work, I'll binge on a few episodes :)

On the menu this week: 
I'm only planning til Wednesday. It's been one of THOSE weeks and I desperately need to go to the grocery store.

Monday: Baked Potato Bar
Tuesday: Sausage and Rice Skillet
Wednesday: Meatloaf. As in my first meatloaf. EVER.
Thursday-Sunday: TBA

On my to-do list:
*Clean the bathrooms
*Clean the kitchen
*Go to ladies  meeting (Ella gets to hang with the A.G's: Adoptive Grandparents)
*Bake the potatoes
*Call my parents, and my father-in-law

Looking around the house: My amaryllis is soooo close to blooming!!!! It should only be a day or two.

From the camera: 


The aforementioned Amaryllis. I can see all of the different blooms already. Oh, goodness.

On my prayer list: My Mom and Dad, kid brother, this crazy world in general, my attitude toward today.

Bible Verses, Devotions: 


Have a beautiful week!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful statement at the end!
    "Burial Rites" sounds very interesting. Going to go check it out on goodreads when I leave here.
    What a gorgeous amaryllis! Such a gift to watch a flower bloom in January, isn't it!?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatloaf is on my menu for today! Good luck making your first meatloaf EVER!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mondays were never my mother's favorite...Sometimes getting back into a routine after the weekend is nice, though. I have a great meat loaf recipe but I'm probably a little too late for that...http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2010/06/very-tasty-meatloaf.html
    We have been bought by a great price indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are braver than me to cook that meatloaf, LOL. The amaryllis is so pretty!! Have a great week dear friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've never made meatloaf, like ever? Oh my word, you're going to love it and you'll see it's actually not that big a deal to make. You'll have to let me know how it turns out :)

    Your book actually sounds very interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your books sounds interesting Hon. I'm so proud of you -finally going for your first meatloaf! Lol I think you'll love it. The best topping for meatloaf is to mix about 1 and 1/4 c. ketchup, 1/2 c. mustard & 1/2 c. brown sugar. Mix it up and coat your meatloaf before you bake and save some for the side when you serve. SO tasty!!

    Blessings on your week Sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete