Friday, November 27, 2015

The Turkeyless Thanksgiving of 2015

I blogged earlier this week about not doing the traditional turkey dinner this year. I'm tired, I've got a bad cold, and I just wanted one year to enjoy my family. Also, Gabe worked all day, and it just isn't Thanksgiving without him.

So, Ella and I made a few crafts, and worked on some pieces for Winter Remembrance while we waited for Gabe to come home from work. I was determined to at least have dinner as a family.


When Gabe did get home, I served up a delicious pizza (which was actually homemade, and not frozen, like I was previously planning to do.). The toppings were grilled chicken, pepperoni, peppers and cheese. It was incredibly yummy!!!!

Afterwards, we watched Peanuts movies and took silly family pictures. It was by far the most low-key Thanksgiving we've had, but it was probably the best one.


And one of just us...

Today, Gabe had to work again. Ella and I visited our local Humane Society, with the purpose of seeing Toby the tuxedo cat. (because I've got a soft spot in my heart for the tuxies)


Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with lots of love and family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment