Saturday, November 7, 2015

General Chaos Update: November 2015

Life's been a whirlwind here, but this is how I thrive, so I probably wouldn't have it any other way :)

We are now a 3 cat household: Dave (my big guy!), The Sphinx, and Magpie aka Pie

This is my favorite picture of Dave. It was taken when he was still at the Humane Society. He's been with us for nearly 4 months now!!!

This is where Sphinx can be found when she's not raising all kinds of chaos...in the window in Ella's bathroom, looking out at the world disapprovingly.

Pie is our newest family member. She's sweet and shy, although she and Sphinx have hiss-fests. I'm hoping that resolves itself sooner rather than later.

Gabe has been working an insane amount of hours, and between his job and my jobs and school (for all 3 of us!!) that leaves very little for family time. HOWEVER...an opportunity has come up and it would mean a massive improvement in that department...so, please pray!!! I miss my husband, and I don't want to be a work widow (anymore than I already am)

I've been trying very hard to make sure that we, as a family, are eating healthy. I try my best to buy organic, and really really pay attention to what we eat. (It's a far cry from where we were a few years ago).  I made sheet-pan fajitas last week and they were amazing.

Fall is definitely here in NC. The wetlands across the street from our little house look very different than they did when we moved in this May.

Sometimes, I have a hard time with Fall, and everything dying. Today, while on a walk, I had to remind myself that plants and trees have to die to live, and that most of a plant's growth happens during the winter, underground. And God made everything beautiful in its time. Even the bare trees are lovely here.

This place is still crawling with ducks...they don't actually ever really leave. I have pictures from a few winters ago, of ducks walking on ice.


I was thinking today, of the differences in our lives in the past year.
Last November, we were gearing up for a move. And we moved, indeed. To the house with no stove...it's something I can laugh about now, because the place we live now is so awesome.
Last November, I was in a constant state of anxiety. My husband and I were both stressed beyond belief. We were packing up a house and it was just stress, stress, stress...all.the.time.
To be here, in this house, on a quiet street, with a STOVE, lol...
to be able to go out on my deck at sunrise and not have to worry about the cops looking for my neighbors...
to have a yard that my daughter can play in, and to NOT be in landlord hell (I actually have a landlord that I can include on my facebook!!!!) and have amazing neighbors...
we are blessed. we are thankful.
A year ago, I couldn't imagine what bad thing would happen the following day. A year ago, I prayed for faith and the ability to trust Him.
He's carried me through the last year, carried us all, really, and gave us this good little life.
Despite the chaos of the everyday, I am thankful for this little life.
Praise God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment