Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning, everyone!
Brrrrr!!!!
It got down to a very chilly 39 degrees last night, and some places are reporting 32 and under.
Isn't this THE SOUTH?
I had to turn on my heat last night, brrr!


The weather in my neck of the woods: It's chilly this morning, but it's supposed to warm up some.

On my bedside table: Kindle, devotional, pen and paper, notebook, recipe books, mug of tea.

What I'm reading: Still making my way through Where Secrets Sleep. Romance and I aren't friends. Also, reading a Biography of Lucrezia Borgia. "Callie" by Sharon Srock was an awesome book with a great ending. And there are more books in the series, so I'll definitely be getting those!

On the news: Dear Mr. President,
                      Why on earth would we want to give nuclear weapons to people who are shouting                                "Death to America"? Do you know something that I don't?

On the menu this week: Can I just take a moment to say how much I like that I can turn on the stove/oven and not feel like I'm going to die in the heat?
Monday: Taco soup
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup, which didn't happen last week
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Steakhouse Soup
Sunday: Rigatoni Lasagna

New Recipe I want to try: Still that pot pie soup...

On my to-do list: School, Library, Ladies Meeting, Must buy bread and milk (seriously, I ran out of bread and milk this morning, how cliche), laundry, house cleaning, pantry inventory, chopping up 30 pounds of green peppers, the dread summer-to-fall/winter closet switchout, urgh.

In the craft basket: Something special that I can't tell ya'll about quite yet.

Looking forward to: A photoshoot, finally having all of E's summer clothes out of her closet (although I'm not looking forward to moving them), this Friday.

What I plan on doing for myself this week:  My nails. I almost never have my nails done, because of the various jobs that I do, so I'm going to treat myself this week.

Favorite photo:

Her nose is all scrunchy and she's doing the squinty eye, but it was all bright and sunny and windy yesterday afternoon. I cut her bangs yesterday, she told me she's missed them :)

Lesson Learned: Sometimes, we have to be the ones to reach out to others, with a helping hand, or a hug, or to meet a need. We can't count on other people to do it.

Devotionals, Scriptures, Key Verses:


4 comments:

  1. Goodness that is chilly, I don't know if I would be ready for that quite yet, though I AM looking forward to fall weather.

    Your girl is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with some of that cold weather (just for a few days). Great menu plan. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

    Renee’
    My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate quite comfortably with your nice cool temps Joanna - just another evening up here in the north ;)
    Your menu sounds yummy. What is steakhouse soup?
    Love the pic of your daughter. So sweet.
    Happy week to you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, it is a beef soup, with lots of worcestershire sauce :)
    Husband has called it steakhouse soup for as long as I've been making it, and the name's stuck :)

    ReplyDelete