Monday, September 21, 2015

An Open Letter to My Fellow Christians

I've spent the better part of the day rolling this post over and over in my mind, trying to get the wording right. I'm pretty sure I've failed....

But...

Christians, why are we wasting so much time? Why are we sitting in our churches, gritting our teeth and backbiting people who don't think like we do? Why are we blaming the sins of the world on groups of people, instead of acknowledging that we are just as sinful?

God doesn't measure sin by how "big" it is. Sin is sin. Friend, if you cheated on your taxes, you're not any better than that drug addict down the road. You're not better than me. I'm certainly no better than you.

I had someone say to me "Christians are some of the most hateful people I've ever met in my life." And it hurts my heart, as a Christian, because it's true. We may veil it in "oh, it's righteous judgment."  No. JESUS judged with righteous judgment, and guess what? He helped the sinners. He healed the sick.

Christians, why aren't we out there, helping others? Why aren't we out there, catering to the needs of a fallen, broken world? We can sit in the church house all day, thinking "Thank God I'm not like so and so. They have problems." Yup, so do we. One big problem. We're blind. We're blind to what's really going on out there.

If we're truly reading His word...then we need to be following it. We need to be OUT there. Reaching out. SHOWING people Christ's love.



This verse has been on my heart so much lately. If I see someone in need, I try my best to fill it. But, oh my goodness, I am so guilty of saying "Hope everything works out" when there is something that I can do. If I can feed someone, I need to be doing it. If I can clothe someone, I need to be doing that.

Yes, this country is in rough shape. As Christians, we need to do our best not to contribute to the problem.

So, fellow Christians, open your Bibles tonight and go and BE Christ's love tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment