Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Autumn Cheesecake Dip

Do ya'll remember on Monday night when I said I would NEVER AGAIN test drive a recipe during a move?

I lied.

Today, this happened.


Autumn Cheesecake Dip, adapted from here

Oh, and it was totally worth it, trying this recipe.

I'm bringing it to church tonight. Having grown up in a church that did ZERO social functions, I'm always at a loss as to what to bring. I came across this recipe today and decided that I.must.make.this


Here's what you need
*One brick of cream cheese, softened
*One container of Cool Whip, thawed (anyone else notice Cool Whip looks like shaving cream?)
*One cup packed brown sugar
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
*Graham Crackers or Apple Slices for dipping


Here's What You Do:

*Mix together the cream cheese, cool whip, and brown sugar. The original directions say to use a stand mixer. But hahahahahaha, mine is packed. So suck it up buttercup and use a spoon ;)


Eventually, your arm will feel like it is falling off and the mix will look like this.

*Add in your vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg

*Mix it some more and then put in a lovely container (mine is a candy dish from a friend) and chill for at least an hour. Serve with graham crackers or apple slices :)

It's so good you could eat it with a spoon. Not that I ever would. Nope. Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment