Saturday, February 8, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: You have 20 Pounds of Chicken...now what?

Helping out at my local food bank is awesome...I've made new friends, my bossman is awesome, and the other workers there treat me like gold.

And then, somebody gives me 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters. Yep.

I had a momentary panic attack. My freezer is tiny! I don't have room for this giant bag in my freezer or my fridge! I don't want to waste food! It's frozen solid! I can't even divide the bag into portions!

So, what's a girl to do?

Break out her collection of crockpots, season and cook all that chicken, of course.

After it was cooked, I de-boned the meat, shredded it and put it into freezer bags.

I ended up with enough chicken for at least six meals.

It would probably have been more, but....


It's kind of hard to do anything with the likes of this one all over the place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment