Monday, March 2, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Lordy, this last month has been exhausting in every way, but especially emotionally.

I am ready to start a new week, and start over a little bit, I guess. Everything tends to suffer when you're stuck at home with cabin fever (and over a foot of snow outside, ugh) But...the sun is out today! I took myself out for coffee, at my husband's insistence. I think he knows I will go insane if I don't get out every once in a while.

I also think he knows that Riley's 10th birthday is weighing heavily on my mind, and St. Patrick's Day, in two weeks, marks 2 months exactly from THAT day, which "just happens" to be Ella's birthday too.

Today, I saw the most amazing thing. I opened my door to check the progress of melting snow on my deck (ya'll, I can see my DECK!) and the next thing I knew, a bunch of balloons floated past me. Pink and white. I stared at them, open-mouthed. I wish I had taken a picture. I love balloons. I love watching them float away. Every year, Ella and I release balloons for Riley Grace.


This was taken last year, when Ella turned 8, and Riley turned 9.

God knows what I need. He will carry me through this 10th year, the way He has carried me through the other 9.


That said, I am taking a breather this week and making the best of it, and the ones after. Here's my tentative meal plan.

Monday: Breakfast for dinner
Tuesday: Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters, Mashed Potatoes, and Veggies
Wednesday: Pizza Mac and Cheese
Thursday: Stuffed Pepper Soup
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Baked Potato Soup
Sunday: Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment