Thursday, August 15, 2013

As Promised, Country Club Chicken

The other day, I was going through my blogs, and on one of my all-time favorites, Full Bellies, I found a dish called Country Club Chicken, and I decided to try it. Because, c'mon, it's chicken. And cheese. And bacon. And I'm trying to get out of my cooking rut. And stalking Sandra's blog has given me so many great recipes...and this was one of them.

So, here goes. Country Club Chicken, adapted from Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Ingredients: 3 chicken breasts
1  onion
1 can concentrated cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms (the original recipe didn't call for this, but I love me some mushrooms)
4 or 5 slices bacon
1/4 cup chicken stock
2/3 cup sharp cheddar
butter or oil
salt and pepper
I just realized I forgot to mention the egg noodles. My chicken stock is in that green bowl (I make my own)....Yes, I know my salt shakers are Santas. Don't judge!
**Season your chicken with salt and pepper
**Fry your bacon, and drain on paper towels


I love bacon. Seriously. Love. I also love taking pictures. Especially of food.

**Set your bacon aside. Add butter to your pan and brown your chicken, then put the chicken in a casserole
**Saute your onion and mushrooms in the pan together

**Add in your chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and your cheddar cheese...

 
When it melts, it becomes this amazing gravy that I swear you could eat with a spoon and be happy with that for dinner. Seriously.
 


I'm not kidding when I say you could just eat that for dinner. I'm not. Ask my daughter.

**Pour this gravy (if you haven't eaten it) over your chicken and top with crumbled bacon

**Bake the whole delicious mess in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, rice or potatoes. It doesn't matter. It's amazing!
 
There ya'll go. As easy as this was, it tastes awesome. Ella said it was "one hundred times better than restaurant food." Gabe scraped the casserole clean to get the rest of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment