Monday, April 9, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: April 9, 2018

Oh my goodness. I've been MIA a while, I know.
I honestly haven't felt much like writing anything what with my Dad in the hospital.
The latest is: we're not out of the woods right now, but he is well enough to be released from the hospital.
My Mom and I, while our relationship has always been touch and go, seem to have found a new happy place and I look forward to our daily phone calls.
I'm hoping to get back into blogging, and to regain my sanity.


Breakfast time, what's on the plate this morning: Potato and cheese pierogi. Breakfast food often makes me sick in the morning, so I prefer it for dinner. 

On this week's to do list: OH BOY. Literally everything, as I've been mostly away this weekend, looking after my boss's house while he saw his son in Winston Salem. So, all the house work, all the laundry, all the cooking. Oh, man. 

Currently reading: My Bible, and my camera manual. I got a new camera in February. It's pretty big and bad, and I'm still getting used to everything. 

On the T.V. this week: Hinterland. I swear, nobody does dark crime like the British. I finished Happy Valley (can season 3 please come out, please please PLEASE) and fell in love with Catherine Cawood. I felt bereft after it finished, and Hinterland came up as a suggestion. I've only seen one whole episode (as I mostly watch when pumping), and it was so so goood! 

The weather outside is: Insane. It's April 9th and we have SNOW. 

I have thyme coming up outside and this is what it looks like right now. Thankfully, it seems to be melting, but uggggh. Come on, April showers are NOT meant to be SNOW showers. 

On the menu this week: I have absolutely no idea. I will be more on track later this week, I promise. 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will: Start on artwork for sale. Trying to sell what I can so I can go home and visit Dad next month. 

What I'm creating: The aforementioned artwork and a headband for Josie's 11 month photo shoot (how the heck is that even this month?!)

New recipe I'm trying this week: I haven't even looked in my freezer in 3 days, you guys. Ha. 

Favorite photo from the camera: 

We released some butterflies last weekend. 

Bible Verse, Devotional: 



5 comments:

  1. Butterflies! spring must be coming...slowly :)
    Glad your dad is better and that it helped out your relationship with your mom. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse. Butterflies and snow? Interesting. Our weather's been strange also. Snowed here last night but thankfully all melted now. Glad your dad gets to leave the hospital. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post this week! Continued prayers over your dad's health and a continued and growing bond between you and your mom. Love the picture of the thyme (my favorite herb to grow) struggling through the snow and am curious about the butterfly release. Does the work that you do have something to do with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I could go for some pierogi right now, YUM!!!

    Glad your dad is getting better, and equally glad that you and your mom are working on your relationship.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie! So glad that your Dad is doing a bit better. Prayers sent too. ;) I've been trying to read up about my camera too and get better at manual setting. We're supposed to get some snow here now this weekend - ugh! Where is Spring?? Love the photos - beautiful!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete