Sunday, March 11, 2018

Monthly Self Care Project: March


 March 11, 2018

I was at Michael's and I was alone. My girls were with Gabe. I had debated taking some time and putting on makeup and what not, and taking this picture later this afternoon, but decided against it. 
This is reality, and sometimes, reality ain't pretty. As most of you know, my Dad's battling multiple myeloma again. 
My kids both have the cold, my husband has the cold, and I have it too. 
I'm in the process of spring cleaning my house, and I work ridiculous hours and I just don't have time for makeup and primping and that's okay. 
Do you know why it's okay? 
Because I'm still standing.
Because my family is fed and happy, despite their cold. 
Even though you can't tell in the picture, my shirt says "Strong Like Me", and I do feel strong, because my strength comes from God. 
I decided to take the picture in front of these silk flowers because even though I don't feel very pretty right now, they sure are.

No comments:

Post a Comment