Sunday, September 11, 2016

An Open Letter to my Fellow Mamas...

Dear Mama:

You're weary. You're tired. Your clothes are probably rumpled and the laundry is probably piling up. If you're like me, you're avoiding said laundry like the plague. The dust bunnies are running rampant, and you just want a cup of tea, a book, and an early bedtime.

It's hard, this Mom Life. You're constantly running around behind the scenes, making sure everybody is loved, and fed, and cared for. Meanwhile, you're living on Cheerios and coffee and sometimes, you're running on empty.

It's so easy to fall into the trap of "nobody appreciates what I do, nobody loves me." I know. I've been down that road many, many times. I have an amazing husband who's put up with me for nearly 12 (12!!!!) years, who I know for a fact DOES appreciate what I do (because he tells me all.the.time), but I have moments where the self-pity takes over and all of a sudden, NOBODY loves me and NOBODY understands.

Last week, I was having one of those weeks. I'm constantly overworked, both at home and at work. One morning, I sat down to devotions and thought, "Nobody loves me." Not surprisingly, nearly every verse I read reinforced the love of God.

God loves me. He loves you. We are precious to Him. The love He has for us is incredible. Immeasurable. Nothing else compares.

You know what else, Mama?

God created US to love, despite our grouchy days and less than perfect attitudes. Us Moms are wonderful, and nurturing, even though we don't always feel like it. And we pass that love unto our kids. And they love us in return. They show that with every dandelion picked, every little pebble they pick up on a walk and hand to us.

So, Mama...
when you are down and weary...
when it seems like absolutely nothing is going your way...
when you feel like nobody loves you...

You are precious.
You are loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment